Artist’s Network University is an online education program from the publishers of North Light Books and other leading fine art how-to brands housed under The Artist’s Network. For more than 25 years, the experts at North Light Books have been publishing books designed to connect artists with ideas and inspiration. Now Artist’s Network University brings North Light Books’ friendly, accessible style of fine art instruction to online art classes.
Our goal is to make fine art education rewarding and fun for hobbyists of all experience and skill levels. Whether you’re a total newbie or you’ve been sketching and painting for years, you’ll find online art courses and online art workshops to help you reach your artistic goals.
Artist’s Network University offers art classes online in four-week, instructor-guided classes that “meet” on the web.
10 Reasons to Try Artist’s Network University
Just how can you benefit from taking a Artist’s Network University course? Consider these perks of our program:
1. You’ll get guided instruction on executing proven artistic techniques. Unlike a book or article, you’ll receive feedback from an expert artist on how to improve your work.
2. The content is developed by experts who know fine art instruction and frequently write and teach about their course topics. You benefit from the expertise of someone who’s been there and has experiences to share.
3. Programs are designed specifically for people who do fine art for fun. Our students are people who, like you, want to get more from their hobby. Artist’s Network University isn’t for professionals seeking certification (although you do get a certification of completion at the end of your course!).
4. There’s a course for every artist. Topics cover everything from using different types of mediums to maximizing your creativity—see our available courses and other online events. (Don’t see the online art classes or online art tutorials that you’d most like to take? Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org)
5. You can go to class in your jammies. Because you participate from home, no one will see your bed head or bunny slippers.
6. Connect with other artists. Each online course has a private message board just for the students and instructor, where you can bounce around ideas and share your challenges with other enthusiasts just like you.
7. You’ll become a better artist. The time, effort and money you invest in taking an Artist’s Network University course will pay dividends by teaching you how to further your artistic goals more efficiently, confidently and cost-effectively.
8. See artistic tools and techniques in action. Some concepts are easier shown than told. Artist’s Network University courses incorporate photos, screen shots, and video demos to enhance your learning experience.
9. You can save class materials for future reference. All online course materials are available as PDF downloads, so you can keep all the materials to refer to later.
10. You’ll make progress. Many courses incorporate exercises that allow you to practice techniques and apply what you’ve learned to your own artwork.