What are Online Art Seminars?
Most Online Art Seminars are similar to live art workshops, seminars, and artist events you’d attend at a conference held by your local or regional art society, only it takes place over the Internet. WetCanvas Live! and Artist’s Network Online Seminars also offer archived recordings of live events that you can purchase for a small fee. Regardless of whether you attend a live event or listen to the archived version, you can “attend” the seminar from the comfort of home. All you need is a computer and a broadband Internet connection—no special computer skills required.
There are two types on Online Art Seminars to help keep you connected to the online art community:
- Artist’s Network Online Events are free live events, much like a book signing or poetry reading, and are presented by working artists and professionals. These events allow you to learn more about new products available at NorthLightShop.com. The event generally lasts about an hour and takes place “live” on a specific date and time. You can listen to the presenter speak either over your phone or via VOIP, and you’ll be able to see the presenter’s visuals (PowerPoint, web page, etc.) from your own computer. You can also ask the presenter questions in real time during the Q&A session that follows the presentation. After the seminar ends, you will receive an email which includes information on how to access and watch the recording of the session.
- WetCanvas Live! are free live presentations that showcase different mediums, techniques and subjects and are presented by experienced artists. If you miss an event, you can purchase an archived version of the workshops at NorthLightShop.com for a small fee. Like Artist’s Network Online Events, the presentation takes place “live” on a specific date and time. You can listen to the presenter speak either over your phone or via VOIP, and you’ll be able to see the presenter’s visuals (PowerPoint, Web page, etc.) from your own computer. You can also ask the presenter questions in real time.
How do live Online Art Events work?
You just log in at the special URL provided when you register, then listen and follow along as the presenter shares helpful tips and advice on the workshop topic. As you listen, you can pose questions for the presenter to answer during the Q&A segment of the workshop. A “host” will also be available to help if you encounter any technical issues.
Each presentation lasts about an hour. Don’t worry about taking notes during the art event—you will be able to access an “archive” version of the entire event online in case you want to listen again. (This is also a good way to attend the presentation, if you can’t make it to the live event.)
How do I participate in live events?
Here’s a step-by-step overview of the process:
- Use the drop down menu above to decide which online seminar you’d like to register for. Click the “Register Now” link where you will complete your registration for the desired session.
- After registering, you will receive a link to the seminar registration page. Follow that link to complete your registration for the session on GoToWebinar, the system that hosts our seminars. Fill in all required fields.
- Upon registering at GoToWebinar, you’ll receive a confirmation email. This email contains all the details you need to log in to the seminar, including an access link you’ll use to log on the day of the workshop. You’ll also receive a “reminder” email with the log on details if you register several days in advance. This email includes an email address to contact an administrator with any technical issues.
- Five to 10 minutes before the seminar is scheduled to start, log in using the access information provided in your confirmation email. Your browser will launch a new window where the workshop will take place. You’ll see the presentation slides in the middle.
- Participants’ audio is muted (to ensure that background noise doesn’t spoil anyone’s experience), but there’s a chat window in the lower right corner of your window where you can ask questions and communicate with the host in case you have a problem.
- When the seminar concludes, simply close the GoToWebinar window.
What if I have a technical problems getting into the live seminar?
We have technical support on hand to help you. We recommend you sign on at least 10 minutes before the session is scheduled to begin, giving you time to ask questions if you have any trouble.
What happens if I miss something during the live seminar?
After the seminar ends, you will receive access to the seminar recording to view again as many times as you like. You may also receive copies of any documents that were shared during the presentation.
If you still have questions about these online seminars, please contact us.