- This event has passed.
Plein Air Essentials – Take Control with a Values-Driven Palette
August 27, 2013| $149.99
“Nature loves to throw a lot of lumber at you” … describes the overwhelming sense of choices confronting many outdoor painters who deal with changing, shifting light.
Course Materials (included with tuition):
- Digital downloads of three separate but related video demonstrations painted along the shores of Lake Superior, in-depth explanations and teaching, crib study notes
- Larry’s “Wetcanvas Live: Painting Foundations: Strategies to Improve Your Work” (five videos from North Light Shop)!
What You’ll Learn:
- How resolving issues with values would fix most problems related to paintings that just miss the mark
- How values are key to depth illusion and picture making
- How limiting and assigning key value groups puts you in charge (less is surely more)
- How applying deliberate accents (value & color) will add spark or life to the painting
Who should take this course:
- Those just starting their journey painting outdoors on location (plein air painting)
- Artists frequently puzzled with something that is not quite right with their paintings. In Larry’s experience, 90% of the time it will come down to an issue with values; what he likes to call having a “mid-values crisis!”